Background: When I started at Charming Charlie, this was one of the first ideas I had – to partner with a national magazine – but the chain was too small at the time. After three years and 200 stores, Lucky magazine was open to partnering with us for a subscription drive.
3 Reasons Why I Initiated this Campaign
1. Upgrade the Customer Shopping Experience
Based on consumer research, our customers weren’t shopping at retailers that were offering them upgraded freebies.
2. Enhance Brand Perception
Our goal was to build our reputation as a fashion authority. A partnership with a national magazine helps develop that perception.
3. Co-Branded Content
One of the benefits of campaigns with national magazines is the ability to create fresh, co-branded content as well as a buzz.
Campaign Premise: Spent $35+ and receive a subscription to Lucky magazine at no cost
Initial Results: STELLAR. We accomplished the target number of subscriptions in two weeks (our contract gave us three months) and helped bump the average purchase by $5 during that time frame. We were subsequently asked by Conde Nast to sell magazine subscriptions in-store.
- 90k+ new Facebook fans with accompanying campaign
- 6k+ new emails for our email database
- positive customer feedback on in-store education signage and displays, emails, content…
- high email click thru rate to get content, as well as shares and pins
The Lucky Campaign – definitely a career highlight.